Why Focus on Women’s Entrepreneurship?
Why do the United Nations, World Bank, International Finance Corporation, World Economic Forum, US Department of State, the Boston Consulting Group, Cartier, Ernst & Young, ExxonMobil, IBM, Goldman Sachs and Walmart all think women’s entrepreneurship is a core driver of economic growth and prosperity?
The Quantum Leaps Creed
We Believe that:
- Women should be able to own property, and to own and operate businesses in every country in the world.
- Women can make significant contributions to their families, communities, countries and the global economy through business ownership.
- Recognizing and supporting women’s enterprise development as an emerging field will result in substantial economic impact in both developed and developing countries.
- Research about the value of women’s enterprise development is critical to evidence-based policymaking.
- Policymakers should embrace women’s enterprise development as a key strategy for job creation, economic growth and sustainability.
- Policies and programs to facilitate women’s enterprise development should be mainstreamed, as well as specifically targeted to women-owned businesses.
- Many microenterprises have the potential to become small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and to fuel job creation.
- Women entrepreneurs must have access to know-how, resources, networks and markets to grow their businesses.
- Certification of scalable businesses that are owned, managed and controlled by women, can fuel the growth of women’s enterprise development, strengthen economies, and add value to local, regional and global supply chains.